When experience matters,
trust an expert
Meet Deborah Awyzio
MEDIATION LAWYER BRISBANE
Deborah Awyzio is a nationally accredited mediator and approved family dispute resolution provider under the Family Law Regulations.
Deborah is also an accredited family law specialist and a qualified solicitor with 17 years in family law exclusively. She is the founder and director of the firm DA Family Lawyers, a well renowned Brisbane-based firm that just celebrated a decade in practice. Deborah is highly respected in the industry among her professional colleagues and clients.
This respect is demonstrated by Deborah’s elected professional positions. Deborah held the position as Vice President of the Queensland Law Society for 2014 and 2015, formerly the Queensland solicitor member for the executive of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and a past president of the Family Law Practitioners Association of Queensland. Deborah also is a member of the professional conduct committee of the Queensland Law Society.
Deborah has been added to the Doyles Leading Mediator 2019 list, which details individuals who have been specifically highlighted for their expertise, abilities and experience in complex parenting/child custody issues and disputes.
Deborah’s family law dispute resolution and mediation experience and interest particularly lies in the following areas:
- Property settlements and binding financial agreements
- Child custody disputes including Hague Convention
- Child support and spousal maintenance
Deborah believes in a fair and equitable approach for all parties to settlements. Known by her colleagues as taking a no-nonsense approach, Deborah is an unbiased and independent mediator. Her sole focus during mediation is to use her years of family law experience to resolve the participants’ issues with purpose and respect so that people can move on with their lives.
Ready to start the mediation process?
History & Expertise
- Bachelor of Information Technology (QUT) 1996
- Bachelor of Laws (QUT) 1996
- Accredited Family Law Specialist (Queensland Law Society) 2006
- Practice Management Course (Queensland Law Society) 2005
- National Accredited Mediator
- Registered Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Supreme Court of Queensland 1996
- High Court of Australia 1998
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners Associations Queensland
- Australia Law Council Family Law Section
- Child Protection Practitioners’ Association (Qld)
- Panel of Independent Children’s Lawyers and Separate Representatives
- Family Law Pathways Network
- Babes in Business
- Queensland Collaborative Law
- Family Law Section
- Australian Mediation Association
- Steering member of Greater Brisbane Family Law Pathways
- Immediate Past President of Family Law Practitioner’s Association (Qld)
- Former Vice President of the Queensland Law Society for 2014 and 2015
- Member of the family law advisory committee for College of Law
- Member of the Professional Conduct Committee – Queensland Law Society
- Member of Preferred Supplier Reference Group – Legal Aid Queensland
- Former Qld Solicitor member of the Executive of the Family Law section of the Law Council of Australia from 2013 to 2014
- Member of Family Dispute Resolution Panel with Legal Aid Queensland